Saturday, August 12, 2017

It Surprises Me A Little

As an editor for The Old Baptist Test blog, I often check my statistical information as to which articles are being read the most, which are the most popular. Over the past week I was able to make several entries on various topics. I was not too surprised that my articles on "Hardshells and the Adultery Question" and the first posting on "The Error of Eternal Justification" were popular. But, I was surprised that a couple other postings were not so popular, such as the one on "Incorrect Grammar in the KJV" and "Biblical Teaching Using the Socratic Method." Personally, I thought they were two good articles. Shows you what I know, hey? Perhaps they will become popular in the future. Sometimes articles I write don't get much attention immediately but become more read later as Internet surfers find the postings.

I am hoping that I can get the following postings completed in the next month. I continue to work on these postings, gathering notes and citations, and arranging the material. I also try to pray over most of the articles and get insight and leading from the Spirit.

Old Baptist Test blog

1. Finish the series on Hardshells and the Adultery Question
2. Finish the series on The Error of Eternal Justification
3. Post several one or two entries on various subjects.

Baptist Gadfly blog

1. Finish my series on The Two Witnesses of the Apocalypse
2. Finish my series on Waiting For The Huiothesia (on the doctrine of adoption)

If I can get these finished, I have an interest to write on several other topics in both of these blogs. I hope to write on the Book of Revelation and on Eschatology.

On the Future of these Blogs

I am thankful that Elders Kevin Fralick and Jeremy Sarber have become associated editors for the Old Baptist Test blog. Kevin has been with me from the beginning. I hope that there will be some others who will join. I want these editors to act as trustees for the blog and for all the writings in it. I am not getting any younger and should I depart I want to believe that these writings will be in good hands.

I hope those of you who regularly read this blog will keep the editors in your prayers that the Lord will use what we write to edify the people of God and to help build them up in the most holy faith. It takes a lot of work to study the various topics that we discuss on this blog and I am thankful that God has given me the time over the past few years to labor in writing.

I believe we have more followers than are shown. People can follow anonymously and I believe we have several who follow this way.

We average about 1500-1800 hits per month on this blog, about the same for the Baptist Gadfly. I also have a couple other blogs that get visitors. We get little comment, however. Sometimes I think that is bad, and sometimes I think it is good. I just don't know how to interpret that fact.

I am thankful for all the people we have helped by this blog and our writings. We get e-mails and phone calls from time to time from folks who tell us that we have been a great help and this gives us strength to continue.

No comments: