Monday, January 8, 2018

Brother Kenny Talks To Hardshell Elder

Brother Kenny Mann has continued to do research into the history of the "Primitive Baptist." He has had several interviews over the past several months with some Hardshells. Just recently he told me about a conversation he has had with a Hardshell elder. I want to cite several things he said to me about this conversation. He said:

"I reached out to him because the articles of faith of his church is claimed to not have changed since 1808. I was particularly interested in the line which states

"We believe that God's elect shall be called, converted, regenerated, and sanctified by the Holy Ghost."

"I wanted to ask what was meant, because this statement implies they believe the elect will be converted in this life. Sadly, they don't believe this. They are hard shells in this aspect..."

In regard to the old articles which say that all the elect will be both regenerated and converted, I have already written much. (See my chapter Regenerated and Converted) So, in denying that all the elect will be converted, they are not "primitive."

Brother Kenny said - "he readily admitted that many pb's originally believed in means."

Is that not an admission that they are not "primitive" and have departed from the faith?

No comments: