Thursday, April 12, 2012

More Doublespeak

Jason Brown, "Primitive Baptist apologist," responded to the citations that Elder Fralick presented from present day Hardshell sources to show that Brown was wrong on what is taught by the overwhelming majority of today's "Primitive Baptists."  Jason responded as if I were the one who wrote the post, but it was actually brother Fralick. 

There is really no need to disect the remarks of Jason as anyone can see that it is simply more doublespeak.  The citations are very clear and yet Jason trys to make the citations to say what they do not say.  Jason thinks that I need to travel among the Hardshells and see for myself how the Hardshells have changed since I was with them in the 80s.  But, my dad is still a Hardshell and I know that Jason is wrong. 

Besides, it would be only a slight improvement for the Hardshells to confess that all the elect who hear the gospel will, to some degree, respond favorably to the gospel.  They still have a long way to go to get back to the genuine Old Baptist faith.

No comments: