Thursday, May 18, 2017

TETH Wants To Debate? Yeah Right!

Brother Jeremy Sarber, who recently left the Hardhells, wrote to me saying:

"I'm sure you're familiar with TETH (The Ears To Hear). If so, you know that he's made it his mission to refute Calvinism. In recent months, I've become his target on Twitter.

 Long story short, I asked whether he would be willing to participate in an open debate. He agreed. I've attached a screenshot of his exact words.

Maybe you finally have a PB with enough courage to debate you. Maybe."

I wrote this back to him:

"Tell him to send us something to respond to or respond to something we have written."

TETH is an anonymous blogger who can be seen at http://theearstohear.blogspot.com/. Brother Kevin and I visited his site a couple years or so ago and we could not get him to engage us or to answer honest questions from us. If he really wants to debate the tenets of hardshellism in the light of scripture and old Baptist history, then let him come here as did Jason Brown and we will engage him. We only ask that he tell us who he is. I have no desire to debate with a person who will not disclose who he is. If he wants to debate, let him sign a proposition and we will debate him. He can post his replies on his web page and we will post our replies on ours.

Here is what TETH wrote to Jeremy about debating us.

"Send them my way. I'd love to connect. I'm sure we would find a lot to discuss. They can reach me at theearstohear@me.com"

We've done that in the past.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a liar. Over and over, you misrepresent the facts of the matter. You're like a skunk. Sure, a lion could tear into you. But he'd just walk away with a stink.

Anonymous said...

Liars have their place in the lake of fire.

Jeremy Sarber said...

I love and respect many, many people in the Primitive Baptist Church. But, of course, I also disagree with them in a few critical areas of Bible doctrine. That's not a secret. I left, and I've attempted to explain why I left.

Unfortunately, most of the talk has been about who (i.e. preachers) or what (i.e. books) led me astray rather than the actual issues (i.e. doctrine). Most recently, rumor has it that I was corrupted by Stephen Garrett. I did thank you publicly, but you can't take all the credit. There's a long list of people, books, and, most importantly, Bible passages that led to where I am.

Regardless, I voluntarily left the Primitive Baptists, and I don't feel led to engage anyone in an endless debate. It's not my mission to continually prod the denomination toward reform. I'll leave that you or anyone else who wants to try.

So I pointed TETH in your direction. You've asked for and encouraged debate, and TETH has attempted to engage me over and over. Your blog refutes Primitive Baptist beliefs while TETH's blog refutes Calvinism and many of the Reformed positions. If anyone is destined to have an open discussion about these things, you two are probably it.

My prayer is that any debate of this kind proves beneficial to those reading it. If not, then what's the point?