Monday, August 27, 2018

The Nature of the Resurrection Body

I have been deeply involved in study and meditation for many years about

1) the nature of the resurrection body

2) the kind of life lived in an immortal body in the new heavens and earth

Needless to say, these things are of the greatest interest to me. What will I be doing from day to day throughout eternity? What kind of life will it be to have no fears or worries? To not have to work to eat, or eat to live? To never get tired? To never sigh? To do what one wants? Will I be in twenty four hour a day worship? Or, will I have time to simply enjoy living? Will I be able to have hobbies? To do things that please me? Will I be really able to run and not be weary? Will I really be able to mount up with wings as eagles, to travel at the speed of light and angels? Will I be able to appear here, then disappear, reappearing somewhere else? Fascinating stuff! I plan to write upon some of this as I come to the final postings in my series on "Redemption," and discuss the "redemption of the body" and "the day of redemption."

2 comments:

Henry Barrick said...

It is almost unbelievable that we will be in new bodies which will be fit to live in the presence of the creator of the universe, the holy and almighty God! What a hope! Nothing else even begins to come close!

Stephen Garrett said...

The truth of scripture about our future glory and inheritance is fascinating! I stand amazed! `

Thanks for the comment.

Blessings,

Stephen