Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Favorite Verses

Verses that I have repeated to myself many times in life, and in many circumstances. These words of the Lord are written in my heart.

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him." (Job 13:15a)

"Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." (Psa. 127:1)

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." (Lam. 3: 22-23)

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Rom. 8:18)

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Rom. 8:28)

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." (II Cor. 4:17)

"But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God." (Psa. 40: 17)

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me...Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." (Psa. 23: 4,6)

No comments: