Friday, August 21, 2020

Revelation Of Christ & Salvation

"All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him." (Matt. 11: 27)

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." (Matt. 16: 16-17)

These two verses are important to consider when analyzing the basic tenets of Neo Hardshellism. The tenets of Neo Hardshellism include a total divorcing of evangelical faith, repentance, and conversion from the experience of regeneration or rebirth.

Questions For Neo Hardshells

1. Is the experience of having Christ revealed to a person a regeneration experience or a conversion experience?

2. If regeneration, then how can one say that a heathen, who knows not Jesus Christ, is regenerated?

3. If conversion, is this as much the sovereign work of God as regeneration?

4. If not regeneration, then Hardshell regeneration does not reveal Christ?

5. Is having Christ revealed necessary for final salvation?

6. How have Hardshells historically interpreted this revealing work?

7. Is the revelation of Christ a work of the Spirit apart from gospel means?

8. How have the following scriptures about Spirit revelation been applied by Hardshells historically?

a) "who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?" (John 12: 38)

b) "But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit" (I Cor. 2: 10)

c) "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ...But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood." (Gal.1: 11-12, 15-16)

9. Is not the faith of Eph. 1: 19 equated with evangelical revelation?

10. If you were regenerated in mother's womb, was Christ then revealed to you?

11. Can you have Christ revealed to you without believing in him?

12. Can you have Christ revealed to you and you not know it?

No comments: