Monday, November 29, 2021

Where In Romans my Hardshell Brothers?

Where is regeneration mentioned in the book of Romans? Where is it alluded to? I know where, along with many other commentators on Romans. But, where do our Hardshell brothers see regeneration in the epistle? I dare say that many will be hard pressed to find it in the book of Romans. The Roman epistle has a lot to say about conversion, but in Hardshell thinking, conversion is not a part of regeneration. So, where my Hardshell brothers, is regeneration spoken of in the epistle? Surely the apostle would not exclude that subject in his Roman epistle, correct? Also, if regeneration is alluded to in the Roman epistle, does it exclude faith as a means? Is regeneration defined in terms of conversion or in some other way?

Can we at least get our Hardshell brothers to tell us this? Having been a Hardshell for many years, and having a father who was such for more than fifty years, I think I know what their answers to my question will be. Still, I would like to hear which texts they would mention and how they think that those texts show that faith plays no part in it.

No comments: