Saturday, September 23, 2023

A.W. Pink's Books



Over the years I have had people ask me about my "books" on "The Hardshell Baptist Cult" and other titles to various writing series. None of these are a "book" by the common definition. At one time a "book" meant a scroll or series of scrolls. Later, "book" meant a printed book, either hardback or soft. Now we have "e-books" and digital books. Now, I have written hundreds of series on hundreds of texts and bible subjects and these each could be called a "book." I am not alone in this. The great Baptist Calvinistic writer, Arthur W. Pink, also did not write any "books" and yet he has many books now published. So, how can that be? 

His monthly journal, Studies in the Scriptures, was published without interruption from 1922 to 1953, the remaining writings being printed after his death. Each issue of the Studies normally included six to eight expository articles.

Said the folks at awpink.org (See here):

"After 1922, almost all of Pink’s books were drawn from specific series from his periodical, Studies in the Scriptures. The years listed then are when these series appeared in the Studies. This list is largely based upon Iain Murray’s work, with a few modifications by the archive’s curators."

So, if anyone wants to publish my various doctrinal series in a "book" after the common fashion, God speed to them. As of now, people can read my writings for free! My writings are available in several blogs and I hope they will be preserved. 

If one wants to visit the above Pink web page he will see all Pink's writings from year to year. I have read many of them. I read his commentary on the Gospel of John and the Book of Hebrews when a very young man. Also his book on the "Sovereignty of God" is very good. I disagree with Pink on some things, but consider him very sound generally. 

No comments: