Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Brother I'll Tell You...

My favorite gospel singing quartet is the Inspirations. The following song "We'll Understand It Better In The By And By" (here) is one of my favorites.

Here are the words (highlighted lines denote a thought that grips my soul):

Oft I'm made to wonder along life's way (I wonder)
As I meet with heartaches from day to day (I wonder)
Why the Father willed it that we should sigh (I tell you)
Brother I'll understand it better in the by and by (in the by and by)

Chorus

By and by there in my new home (with Jesus)
I'll know why these heartaches come (to grieve us)
When I meet you up in the sky (I'll tell you)
Brother I'll understand it better in the by and by (in the by and by)

While the blessed Savior came down to earth (to wander?)
Left his home in glory with untold worth (to heaven)
For a world of sinners he chose to die (I'll tell you)
Brother I'll understand it better in the by and by (in the by and by)

Repeat Chorus

Another good song by the Inspirations that just thrills my soul is one titled

"This I Know" (Listen here)

Also "Better Get Ready" (Listen here)

Also, this by Doyle Lawson 

"I Am So Glad" (Listen here)

No comments: