Wednesday, May 12, 2021

My Conundrum

Over the past several years I have been in a conundrum about what to spend my time studying and writing upon. This blog writes about the beliefs of Old Baptists, and the range of topics is broad. Should I keep doing this in lieu of the fact that we are on the precipice of the coming of the Lord and of the "great tribulation," the things spelled out in the Book of Revelation?

I have written extensively on the second coming over the years. I have written upon the "signs of the times" in several series. I see more of them every day. I believe he still may come in my life time, a thing I believed when I was converted as a young man. My writing on Hosea 6: 1-3 demonstrates to me that the Lord will soon return in judgment, probably before the year 2030. (See here and here and here)

What should I do if the tribulation is indeed ready to start? What should you do if the four horsemen of the Apocalypse are ready to ride into our world? We know what the rich are doing (for they see the evil coming, although they are not believers). They are building bunkers deep underground and stocking them with all things needed to survive a world in crisis. But, God's people generally do not have such abilities. But, does it really matter? Should the Lord's people look to places to flee, such as to some wilderness? (Is there really any place where Christians can hide from wicked Antichrists who are hunting them like the Nazis hunted down the Jews?)

Some days I think it is just time for me to move on in trying to write about things that believers should know as we "see the day approaching." (Heb. 10: 25)

I also am thinking about where I might flee. The Lord told his followers, in anticipation of coming destruction, to anticipate martyrdom, saying "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you..." (Matt. 24: 9) 

He also told them to "flee to the mountains." (vs. 16) He tells his disciples, in anticipation of this, to "pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." (vs. 20-21) 

In Revelation chapter twelve, the "woman" clothed with the sun (representing all believers) is being hunted down by Satan and his hordes, and what does she do? She flees "to the wilderness where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days." (vs. 6)

In these texts, the believers are told to flee. But, where? Even if we knew which wilderness and mountains to flee unto, we certainly would not want to let the world know, right? Some of us will not be able to flee due to age and limits of resources. So, what are we to do? Perhaps these verses will help answer that question. 

"Their strength is to sit still..." (Isa. 30: 7) 

"Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain." (Isa. 26: 20-21)

What think ye?

No comments: