Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Is Russia Gog and Magog?

In a video "Is Gog and Magog Russia?" Dr. Michael Heiser (here), a Hebrew scholar, affirms that the view that Gog and Magog represent Russia is without foundation. It is a misinterpretation. I am sad to say that on this I have through the years assumed it was Russia (due to the many commentators who so affirmed it). Heiser's remarks have me thinking however.

Another difficulty for me on this subject is whether the attack of Gog and Magog on the city of God (Rev. 20) occurs before or after the Millennium (or both), and whether it is the same attack described in Ezekiel 38. The text in Revelation shows that it is after the Millennium. So, why do many bible teachers say it is before the Millennium? 

I have not settled my mind on this question. Of course, it is important to understand what nationalities are connected today with Gog and Magog. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same question about Ez 38-9. Post or Pre? That is the question.
And I knew TOXON meant "vaccine" for the corona as soon as it happened last April as you alluded in the excellent word study on TOXON you presented. Now that the second and third seals are breaking it's blatantly obviuos.
Are you the Stephen Garrett who pastored New River Fellowship in Franklin TN?

Stephen Garrett said...

No, I am not the same although I have been in church services in Franklin Tn. It is a beautiful area! Historic battlefields.

Thanks for the comments.