Monday, May 29, 2023

Will You Hear Him Knocking?



"And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." (Luke 12: 36)

In talking about the rising of the "Day Star" in the hearts of believers in the time immediately preceding the parousia (coming presence) of Christ a few years back I wrote:

"Believing strongly as I do that I may yet see the coming of the Lord and of that glorious day, I am looking for the Lord's "knocking" and for the day star to rise in my heart! I look forward to being an eyewitness and participant in the events scheduled by God for the "end of days." Are you eagerly watching for the signs of his coming? Are you prepared for that day?" (See here

Two things will happen within the hearts of true believers in the days of Christ's coming, both immediately before it and during it: 1) The Day Star will arise in the hearts of believers (II Peter 1: 19), 2) Christ will "knock" at the doors of the hearts of believers, and of churches, and in other ways. 

Are you "on alert" for these things? (See my posting Sound The Alarm) I am beginning to sense the Day Star's rising and am perhaps beginning to hear the knocks of Christ at the door of our world. "The judge (Christ) stands before the door" said James. (James 5: 9) Will you be able to "open to him immediately" as a result of hearing the knocks? 

No comments: