Saturday, August 5, 2023

Daniel's 70 Weeks Prophecy

I do not accept the view of many that the seventieth week of Daniel 9: 24-27 has not yet come to pass and I deny that there is a gap of time between the 69th and 70th week. To me that view is fraught with all kinds of difficulties and I really don't see why any person would embrace such a view along with ideas that have come to be associated with it, such as the seventieth week being characterized by a "treaty" made between the nation of Israel and the Antichrist. For my rebuttal of such views, see these postings:


The "gap theory" is ridiculous in my view and has no reason for such an interpretation of Daniel's prophecy. Jesus did die in the midst of the seventieth week. If the seventieth week is still future, then so is the death of Christ.

No comments: