Thursday, June 6, 2019

My Defense For "That Day"

"Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." (II Cor. 5: 9-10)

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Rom. 14:12)

"Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." (Phl. 2:16)

Stephen Michael Garrett's 
Account and Plea for the coming "day of judgment"

1. Lord, I am so sorry for not having been as good a servant or child as I should have been.
2. I have no excuse for all my sins and unfruitfulness in your service.
3. I plead guilty to all the "bad" on my record.
4. As far as any good that I have done in life, I credit all to your grace.
5. I fall on the mercy of the court and claim the blood of your cross as my only justification.
6. Your holy will be done, Lord Jesus.
7. Lord, it has been a struggle, as you know, in the battle with the flesh. I have lost many battles in this lifelong conflict. By your grace and mercy I am thankful to have won some victories in this fight with sin and Satan. Having crucified the flesh when I first trusted in you, I have often felt like the flesh was killing me rather me killing the flesh. Lord, I fought till the end.
8. Lord, I rest on your promises. You promised eternal life and justification from all things to all who believe. Lord, you know that I trusted you through life, though I sometimes fell short.
9. Lord, you know that I have long feared this day and have often begged for mercy to be shown at this trial. Do with me as seems good in your sight.
10. Lord, I have no works of merit to plead, no ground for boasting. All the good I ever did, or the good character I ever obtained in life, was due to your working in me.

What will be your defence?


No comments: