Tuesday, September 28, 2021

I Wanted That Christian Joy!



The wife may win to Christ her husband (children and others too!) by demonstrating the Christian faith and life. (I Peter 3: 1) What is there in your life as a Christian that would want others to become Christian? Do they see a life of gloom and sadness? Do they see a miserable life? A better life? Or, do they see a life that is worth having? 

People crave joy and peace but where can they find it? If we could put joy and peace in a bottle and sell it we would be superbly rich.

Joy and peace come in believing and trusting in Christ. That is what God in Christ offers to all. 

Oh how precious is the peace and joy of Christ! The joy of the Lord is our strength. (Neh. 8: 10)

Without this joy we will never last long as a Christian professor. Jesus, "for the joy that was set before him endured the cross," sufferings immense. (Heb. 12: 2)

When the Lord awakened me to my plight in sin, and made me aware that I was lost and in a hopeless condition, I began to seek the Lord and to think about the things that pertained to my soul. This began when I was about 15 and continued while I was a freshman and sophomore in high school. When I was in this state I was depressed, sad, worrisome, and saw life as hardly worth living. I had little peace and joy as a young adolescent. When I began going more to church some of my associates in high school, who were Christians, seemed to have so much joy and little sadness. Oh how I wanted that too!

Well, to make a long story short, I finally made my peace with God and found that Christian joy! I would not take anything for this joy! When I was saved, I "went on my way rejoicing" like the Ethiopian Eunuch in his conversion. (Acts 8: 39) I would listen to gospel music as a newborn believer and "rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory." (I Peter 1: 8)

Christians should "rejoice in the Lord always." (Phil. 4: 4) If they have trouble doing this, it reveals a spiritual sickness. Something is amiss. When we are not praising God and enjoying doing so, we lose strength to persevere. The joy of the Lord will strengthen one to endure every cross.

I invite all to come and experience true joy and peace in becoming a servant of Christ. You will not regret it.

No comments: