Wednesday, August 3, 2022

50 Year Anniversary

I was baptized 50 years ago on the 3rd weekend in August, 1972 (Sat. morning, August 19th) while at the Powell's Valley Association of Primitive Baptists and held with the churches in the Middlesboro, Kentucky area. I went forward on the Friday afternoon service in Middlesboro (in the "Cumberland gap" historic region). My father baptized me in a creek that morning and there was another baptism after that by another church and pastor. Fifty years! God has been so good to me and I am happy that I was publicly identified with Christ and his people. It keeps getting better. "The path of the just is as the shining light that shines more and more unto the perfect day." (Prov. 4: 18) Further, I am more "Old Baptist" today than I was then! 

1 comment:

Ken Mann said...

Happy anniversary my friend! I am right behind you. 46 years baptized Easter Sunday 1976!