Monday, October 2, 2023

On Today's Madness

Frankly, once again I am bewildered by why my posting "Red Horse Of The Apocalypse XI" (here) has received little attention since I have had it as the featured post the past week. I put it there again because my sister and I often speak of the madness in our country, and in the world, at the present time. I have oft said to her, and others, that it is predicted. The rider on the red horse brings chaos and civil war, with people killing one another in great numbers. One of my posts on the white horse rider has been number one in the top ten for a long time. But, in my opinion, the whole series on the white horse is good to read, as are all the posts on each of the four horsemen. So, as an editor and observer of the signs of the times, I have pondered what this says. 

Friends, we are living in a time of mass insanity. People, a seeming majority, have gone mad. I could begin a list of proofs for this that would be a mile long. For instance, these insane people can't define man or woman. These are dark times. Though I do not think we are in "the great tribulation" (Rev. 7: 14) as yet, nor in the "day of trial that will come on all the earth" (Rev. 3: 10), yet we are on the precipice or on "the eve of destruction." You need a place of safety, a refuge. I have written about that also. 

It is maddening that more Christians and Bible readers are not more aware that the madness we see is totally out of the ordinary and is a sign of impending wrath and judgment from the Almighty. 

I encourage all to read this posting on end time madness; not because I am a great writer, but simply because of the information it contains from the word of God. Let us be "men who had understanding of the times" (I Chron. 12: 32). 

"A prudent man sees danger and hides himself; but the simple go on, and suffer for it." (Prov. 27: 12)

2 comments:

Ken Mann said...

They arent interested because so many in the church are cold and God's Spirit has withdrawn. We live in a world where even the elect are so close to being deceived, if that were possible. The church has compromised on things that are vital to it's witness, and yet fight over things that matter not. many in the church are like the unwise virgins, and have failed to tend to their lamps. However, I am encouraged, because persecution and tribulation ALWAYS strengthens and grows the church. there is a remnant who has not bowed their knee to Baal, praise God!

Stephen Garrett said...

Dear brother Mann:

I am so happy to have others share my thoughts and concerns. I agree. We are living in the "Laodicean church age." The word "Ichabod" is written over the church houses of so many (and yet we are told we must go to church at all costs, even if it is in this condition!). To attend such a church would be to be worse off (as Paul said to the Corinth church - "you have come together not for the better but for the worse"). However, to support apostate churches is to bid them "Godspeed" and be a partaker with them in their evil deeds. Today, the true band of disciples are in the wilderness (see Rev. 12).

But I am hopeful as are you. I believe another outpouring of God's Spirit is coming on the faithful who have come out from among them and remained separate (rather than just jumping on the bandwagon). But, there must be a purge so that all the hypocrites are eliminated. That is coming soon. "Judgment must begin at the house of God." In the coming time of tribulation true believers may be underground in caves.

There is so much evil now, even in churches professing to believe the bible. Drag shows in church! The church has become so worldly.