Saturday, July 2, 2022

Quickened By The Word & Faith

Recently I wrote a post titled "Quickened By Faith" (here) and this is a follow up to that posting. I appreciate the word of agreement from Dr. Richard Trader on that short post which proves that sinners, as John Calvin and Martin Luther also taught, are born again by faith, for faith is what brings union with Christ and all blessings flow from such union.

The Psalmist wrote:

"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." (Psa. 119: 50 kjv)

"This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life." (nkjv)

Obviously the word of God does not quicken any who do not believe the word of God. The affirmation that sinners are quickened by the word upholds the view that they are quickened by faith. Though this is denied by Hardshell Baptists, it is what the bible teaches and also what our forefathers taught (as expressed by the signers of the 1689 London Confession). It is also what the founding fathers of the "Primitive" or "Old School" Baptists taught. Therefore Hardshells who deny this truth are not "original" as they claim.

No comments: