Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Rightly Reacting To Fearing God

“Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’ “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents." (Matt. 25: 24-28 nkjv)

That servant who hid his talent in the ground wrongly reacted to the fear he had of his lord.

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith." (Heb. 11: 7)

Noah properly reacted to the fear he had of God.

Lesson for us? Let the fear of God move us to obey and serve him with our everything and not move us to stand still and do nothing. How are you reacting to your fear of God? 

No comments: