Sunday, January 15, 2023

Now That is Singing In The Spirit!

The following song I had never heard before. I love hearing new songs of the faith, ones I have not heard before. I have not been able to find the lyrics to this song and I am listening to those who have sung it. While doing so today I found this group singing it as if in a group singing school. If you will listen to it and watch the participants you will see them filled with the Spirit, happy and jubilant! My people! I love the old sister who first stands up in praise while she sings! I love it! Thrills my soul!

"Oh What a Morning" (here round one) (here round two)

This family group sings it and the words are easier to hear. (here) It is by the The Mylon Hayes Family. Or by a choir (here).

p.s.

This song is from the Vaughan Quartet from the 1920s and they sing "Jesus Lover Of My Soul" in a way I rarely hear (where one of the parts stands out as the lead), the way I heard it once from Hardshell preachers of that time period or a little later sing it. They were brothers in the flesh as well as PB preachers. They had beautiful voices as this quartet. Eddie Beshear was one whose name I remember. I think they may be relatives to Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear. Listen to it (here)

p.s.s.

Also, check out their rendition of "Amazing Grace" (here)


No comments: