Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Elder Michael Gowen's Sermon

From a sermon two years ago at High Hill Primitive Baptist Church here in Monroe, NC. (see here) Elder Michael Gowens preached a sermon against the perseverance of the saints. It was a very disappointing endeavor.

Anyway, on Youtube I left these comments for the video sermons.

"The articles of faith of the Bear Creek Association says "We believe that the saints shall persevere" and that all the elect will be converted.""

 "Is gospel salvation or conversion "of the Lord" and "by grace"?"

The last I checked he had few visits and no other comments. If you listen to the sermon you will see why these two questions penetrate the issue. What think ye?

1 comment:

Kevin Fralick said...

I think if I were still shut up in that darkness I would be scared to answer it as well. I wouldn’t want my premises exposed and contradicted, and shown that I was the one who was in reality the Armenian.