Monday, October 28, 2019

Seasoned Preachers

I have listened to several old PB ministers over the past couple years, preachers who I once knew personally 30-40+ years ago, and I have been amazed at the preaching done by some of these men who have reached their seventies and eighties. Father did his best preaching the last few years of his life, in his seventies and early eighties. So too has Elder Sonny Pyles and Lasserre Bradley Jr. I also recently heard Elders Paul Trautner and Charles Smith, two of my fathers in the ministry when I was with the Hardshells, and they both are up in their eighties and both had an air about their preaching that was different from what they exhibited when they were in their middle ages. I owe this to their seasoning, to them being mellowed by experience. Listen to the old preachers. They have much wisdom to impart to you.

No comments: