Sunday, February 6, 2022

Christ Is Coming Again!

If I could choose one sign to make and hold up to passing vehicles on the highway, what would it be? (I have thought of doing this) Would I hold up John 3: 16? Well, that would be good and has been so used. Would I hold up a sign that says "Repent or Perish"? Well, that would be good and has also been used (thank God for those who have so ministered the word). What about "The Day of Judgment is Coming - Are you ready?" That would be good too. But, the more I have thought about it, the more I think this would be better - "Jesus Is Coming Again! Good or Bad News For You?" 

Perhaps I would put Amos 5: 18-20 at the bottom of the sign. Hopefully people would think about the question and look up the verse when they can do so. It reads:

"Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?"

If I were a multi millionaire, I would rent billboards all over the country and put such a sign up.

The fact that Christ is coming back, and very soon, should thrill and excite the hearts of believers. But, it ought to scare men to death. To what end will the return of Christ be for us? 

Jesus Christ Is Coming Again! 

Good or Bad News For You? 

Amos 5: 18-20

No comments: