Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Ross & Morey vs Campbellites




I just listened to a video titled "Georgia Debate on Acts 2:38 Baptism & "Church of Christ" Campbellism History of Restoring the Gospel" (here). It was a four man debate on the subject, with Bob Ross and Robert Morey taking the Baptist view and two "church of Christ" ministers the Campbellite view. I was a close friend of brother Ross and I met Dr. Morey when I visited brother Ross in Pasadena, Texas in about 1993.

Brother Ross had many debates with Campbellites (as I have). Though I would have argued a few points differently on Acts 2: 38 than did Morey, and made a few more points that these brothers did not make (their time to speak was limited), yet they defended the biblical teaching on salvation and its relation to water baptism.

I hope you listen and enjoy the dialogue.

No comments: