Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Faith Before Faith? Huh?

In a recent post titled "Faith Means "Ability To Believe"?" (here) I cited from Hardshell apologist Elder Zack Guess who said that ""Faith" is "the ability to believe." So, if one believes, he is exercising the faith which he already has."

Ironically, I today went on the Internet to check on "Dawson Springs Primitive Baptist Church" in Dawson Springs, Kentucky, which was hit hard by the recent tornadoes in Kentucky. You can see a picture of the damage done to their building (See here). We do hope and pray for the church and their loss. When I went to the Facebook web page for Dawson Springs (Ky.) Primitive Baptist Church, pastored by Elder Jeff Winfrey, (see here) I found these words:

"God gives us faith, so we can have the ability to believe."

I'm sorry brethren, but I cannot help but denounce such a ridiculous notion and affirm that it totally gives to the word "faith" a definition that is not found in scripture. If a man can change the meaning of such words in the scriptures, then he can make them say anything.

I want any Hardshell who believes such nonsense to come forward and prove their theory. I predict that they will not dare make the attempt for deep down they must know how it is a gross twisting of the meaning of words.

I have cited from Elder Winfrey once when I wrote upon Hardshell humility. (Use the search engine for "Hardshell Humility" or "Uriah Heap.")

No comments: