Friday, July 23, 2021

Michael Lining's Music

A couple years ago I ran across some good acapella singing by Michael Lining (sometimes with his wife also). He has a degree in Music and sings very well. He looks like my speech professor and debate coach who was also my friend (when I was divorced and going to college). He and I were the same age when we first met (28). His name too was Mike and was gifted in Music. In fact Mike introduced me to my present wife, my dearly beloved (35 years). He played the piano (by ear) at local Baptist churches and my wife, along with her mother (saintly woman now with the Lord) and sister sang as a Trio also in the local churches and Mike played for them. They became good friends. Mike's singing voice is so much similar to Michael Lining's too. More irony. Mike had been a champion debater in his undergraduate studies and he got his Master's degree from Murray State. 

The following two songs by Michael are excellent and I often play them. Notice some of the gripping words of the song.

"I Want To Know More" (here)

While travelling through this world of sorrow
I'm on my way to glory land
I'll not turn back for some tomorrow
My trials here I'll understand
I want to know more (I want to know more) about my Jesus (yes I do)
I want to know more (yes I want to know more) about my Lord (my blessed Lord)
I want to know more (I want to know more) about that mansion (heavenly mansion)
I'm gonna receive (I'm gonna receive) as my reward (my rich reward)
I want to know more (I want to know more) about that homeland (wonderful homeland)
I mean to go there (I mean to go there) someday, somehow (someday, somehow)
And after I reach (and after I reach) that heavenly city (heavenly city)
I mean to know more (yes I'm gonna know more) that I know now (than I know now)
I'm glad I know the blessed savior
For through His blood He set me free
Though rough the road I shall not waiver
For some glad day His face I'll see
He promised when His soul ascended
""I'm coming back"" the Lord did say
If on His promise you've depended
On wings of love you'll soar away

"Oh I Want To See Him" (here)

1 As I journey through the land singing as I go,
Pointing souls to Calvary– to the crimson flow,
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
But my Lord leads me on, through Him I must win.

Refrain:
Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the streets of Glory let me lift my voice;
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

2 When in service for my Lord dark may be the night,
But I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light;
Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside;
But my Lord goes ahead, leads whate'er betide. [Refrain]

3 When in valleys low I look toward the mountain height,
And behold my Savior there, leading in the fight,
With a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low,
Guiding me, I can see as I onward go. [Refrain]

4 When before me billows rise from the mighty deep,
Then my Lord directs my bark; He doth safely keep,
And He leads me gently on through this world below;
He's a real friend to me, oh, I love Him so. [Refrain]

These songs speak of the heart of the true believer who has fervent love for the Lord and who is rejoicing in his love.

No comments: