Friday, July 23, 2021

More Incorrect Grammar In KJV

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 24: 39 KJV)

The American standard also is as the KJV in giving "as you see me have." The correct grammar is "as you see that I have." See my posting "Incorrect Grammar in the KJV" (here) where I demonstrate this.

"as you see I have" (NIV)
"as you see that I do" (New Living)
"as you see that I have" (ESV)
"as you see I have" (NKJV)

All these are correct. Most give this because it is correct grammar and reflects the Greek grammar. See my posting above for the grammatical reasons why "me" is incorrect and why "I" is correct. If the KJV is without errors of any kind, then why this error? If the 1611 translators were inspired, how can this be? Chew on it.

No comments: